Her family moved to Australia when she was twelve years old. Jacobsen's father is of half-Chinese, quarter-English and quarter-Norwegian descent, while her mother is predominantly of Portuguese descent. Jacobsen attended the University of Sydney, from which she graduated with a double-major Bachelor of Arts in English literature and philosophy.
Jacobsen began her career in the SBS comedy series Pizza. She later appeared in the Australian soap opera Home and Away, playing Charlotte Adams from 2001 to 2002, and in the Australian science fiction series Farscape, as well as a number of TV commercials. In 2007, Jacobsen landed the role of Kendra Shaw in Battlestar Galactica: Razor, a between-seasons television film of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica television series. She also played Sam Tyler's future girlfriend in the original pilot of the American television show Life on Mars. In 2008, she was cast on the Fox series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, playing Jesse, a Resistance fighter and girlfriend of Derek Reese. She also played Yoshi in The Devil's Tomb. In April 2009, Jacobsen was cast on The CW's revamped Melrose Place in the role of medical student Lauren Yung. In 2010, she acted in the science fiction film Quantum Apocalypse. In 2011, Jacobsen made a cameo appearance in the Two and a Half Men episode "People Who Love Peepholes" as Charlie's former gal pal, Penelope.
- 2007 - Battlestar Galactica: Razor
- 2009 - The Devil's Tomb
- 2010 - Quantum Apocalypse
- 2011 - Three Inches
- 2012 - Alex Cross
- 2014 - House of Secrets
- 2000 - Pizza (5 Episodes)
- 2001 - Home and Away (85 Episodes)
- 2001 Farscape (1 Episode)
- 2005 - headLand (10 Episodes)
- 2008 - Life on Mars (1 Episode)
- 2008 - Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (10 Episodes)
- 2009 - Melrose Place (18 Episodes)
- 2011 - Two and a Half Men (1 Episode)
- 2013 - Hawaii Five-O (1 Episode)
- 2014 - Revenge (4 Episodes)
- 2014 - Present - Star-Crossed (2 Episodes)
|Take a look|
Stephanie Jacobsen has their own photo gallery.
For more additional gallery information please visit Layout Guide for gallery information and how to input it.