|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||February 17, 2014|
|Written by||Meredith Averill|
|Directed by||Gary Fleder|
|Episode Guide Transcript|
These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends
AN EPIC AND INCREDIBLE LOVE STORY BASED ON ROMEO & JULIET, BEGINS NOW - An alien spacecraft crashes on earth which leads a 6 year old Emery Whitehill (Aimee Teegarden) to befriend a young alien boy named Roman (Matt Lanter) before he is taken away. After ten years, a group of Atrian teenagers are introduced into Human society as an experiment where Emery and Roman reunite. Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Chelsea Gilligan, Greg Finley and Brina Palencia also star.
- Civil Twilight - Human
- Digital Daggers - Age of Aquarius
- Fitz & the Tantrums - Break the Walls
- Alt-J - Tessellate
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Let the Day Begin
- Carter Burwell - Who Are They?
- James Newton Howard - Scan Her Again
- Santigold - Disparate Youth
- Churchill - Change
- Dan Croll - From Nowhere
- Roman: (voiceover) September 17, 2014, the day we arrived. We fled a dying planet, our ship crash-landed here. For my kind, it was meant to be a day of liberation, refuge. But for everyone on Earth, it was an invasion. The humans left us no choice but to defend ourselves. I did as my father said; I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, not understanding what I was running from, less sure of what I was running to.
- Young Emery: (to Young Roman) You don't look like a monster.
- Gloria: (to the Atrian Seven) My name is Gloria. You don't know me, but I'm well acquainted with each of you.
- (Teri says something to Roman in Sondiv)
- Gloria: Yes, Teri, I have been laid recently. And English is the language of choice here at Marshall High.
- Emery: That was you in the shed, wasn't it? You knew this whole time. How?
- Roman: The moment I saw you at school, I had this bizarre craving for cold spaghetti.
- Emery: But I was sure you were dead. I saw them carry you away.
- Roman: I came close. One of my hearts actually stopped beating for a few minutes. Luckily, I have a backup. I never got to thank you for saving my life.
- Emery: I was 6. I hardly did anything.
- Roman: You were kind when everyone else was cruel. That's something.
- Roman: You know, it's funny. All these years, my dad has taught me about this vaunted thing called humanity. Something that, by definition, we could never possess. But after spending just a few days amongst your kind, this concept of humanity doesn't seem so clear to me.
- Emery: No. There are a lot of good people out there.
- Roman: Yeah? Well, I've only met one.
|Take a look|
Pilot has their own photo gallery.
For more additional gallery information please visit Layout Guide for gallery information and how to input it.
- Roman and Emery meet at six years old and are reunited at sixteen, making it ten years later.
Ratings and ReceptionEdit
The first episode received 1.28m viewers upon its first airing in the US. This translated to an 18-49 demographic of 0.4/1. It is the most watched episode to date.
"If you're looking for some okay genre entertainment with some neat futuristic aesthetics, you're in the right place. If you want something remarkable and groundbreaking, move along or give it a few more episodes and see how it develops."
|TV Fanatic||4 out of 5|
- This is the very first episode of Star-Crossed.
- Pilot was filmed in NOLA (New Orleans).
- Roman's father, Nox dies in this episode, marking the first episode of the series in which a character dies.
- This episode shows the healing properties of cyper mixed with Atrian blood when Julia's disease is cured by Roman.
- This is the first episode to feature all of the main characters of the series.
- Roman reveals that Atrian's have two hearts in this episode, meaning that he would have died on arrival day if his other heart didn't kick in.
- This is the first episode that shows a flashback to September 17, 2014;
- The present year (in Star-Crossed) being 2024, with a specific month yet to be confirmed.
- Matt Lanter (Roman) notes that Atrain's tattoos are more like birthmarks, as they are significant to the Atrian themself.
- The series is roughly based on Romeo & Juliet.
- This is the only episode so far that is not named after a quote from Romeo & Juliet.
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/19/monday-final-tv-ratings-almost-human-adjusted-up/238130/
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/02/star-crossed-episode-101-pilot-review.html
- ↑ http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/14/star-crossed-apilota-review
- ↑ http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/02/star-crossed-review-the-atrian-7/
- Star-Crossed S01E01 – Episode 1 – “Pilot” | Star-Crossed TV - Fansite for CW TV Show Star-Crossed