|Representation||Marks on bodies|
|Planet|| Atria (destroyed) |
|Number of Atrian's||Over 100+|
Atrians (also known as Aliens and Tatties) are an alien species from a far away planet called Atria. Atrians are kept housed within The Sector with a strict curfew. A lot of humans have negative views toward Atrians, just like a lot of Atrians have a negative view of humans.
Not much is known about Atria other than it had lots of Lagoons and possibly lots of plants. It is also assumed that all Atrians were very happy before they crash landed onto Earth.
September 17th, 2014, EarthEdit
On September 17th 2014 an Alien ship crash-landed on Earth in an attempt to flee a dying planet. Humans react with hostility and force, sparking a war between the two races.. which humanity wins.
10 years later: Atrians are living in a special Sector set aside for them. They are surrounded by the military and have a strict curfew at 10:00pm. Seven Atrians teenagers, known as the Atrian Seven, have now been placed in a human high school in an attempt to see if integration into human society is possible.
Atrians are very similar to humans, but some of the main differences that we know as of now are:
Each Atrian has their own unique markings on their bodies. They're more like birthmarks than tattoos. Their birthmarks glow blue when in contact with water. It's purpose is to help them light their way. Atrians can have their markings removed (though it is said to be extremely painful), but they will still glow blue if in contact with water.
Organs and Body FunctionsEdit
Atrians have two hearts (one kicks in if the other fails) and two sets of lungs (presumably one set for normal breathing and one set for water/skin breathing). They can breathe through their skin. They are also shown to need a certain humidity in the air, othewise they will age quicker (as seen with Soroya after 8 years in the Crate with warm, dry air). They return to their normal appearance after being subermerged in water.
Atrians have their own language called Sondiv . Although not many Atrians use this language ever since they learned to speak English.
Reproduction and offspringEdit
Atrians procreate the same way humans do, and Atrian and humans are able to procreate together. At this point, isn't known if it's exactly like an Atrian's or human's. The only two in existence is Gloria and Nox's son and Drake and Taylor's unborn child. The Human-Atrian Birthmarks glow when they are been touched by water. It is also shown that when an Atrian woman (including a human woman) are expecting an Atrian baby, their tears glow, a lot like their markings.
Atrians share the same emotions that a Human can harbor such as anger, love, happiness, sadness and hate, etc. Even though they share human emotions it is possible that they can grow out of them quicker as Atrians mature faster than they do, though it appears that teenage Atrians can let their emotions surface and sometimes overwhelm them (much like a human teenager). Atrians can vary in sexual orientation as well (i.e. gay, lesbian, straight, bisexual). Although Sophia confirms that an Atrian doesn't love someone based on gender, implying that all Atrians are Pansexual.
After being locked away in a sector, some of the Atrians have grown spiteful and hateful toward Humans. Others want revenge and retribution (the trags) and it is sometimes shown that Atrians don't give up when they put their mind to something.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Healing Abilites - Atrians have far better healing abilities. (e.g. Cyper mixed with Atrian blood). They also have two sets of lungs and hearts.
- Oxygen Absorption - Atrians can breathe through their skin if need be. They can absorb oxygen from air and water.
- Guided Light - Their birthmarks glow blue when in contact with water. It's purpose is to help them light their way.
- Forensic Eye Sight - Atrians can see more spectrums of light than humans can.
- Superhuman Swim - Atrians can swim faster and better than humans. They can swim so fast to the point where they look like a blurry glowing ball.
Weaknesses and VulnerabilitiesEdit
- Food Allergies - Atrians are allergic to a lot of human foods, like cilantro and most foods/drinks that contain caffeine. Caffeine causes an anaphylactic reaction and can be remedied with Epinephrine/Epi-Pen or Cyper and Atrian Blood.
- Sensitivity - They are sensitive to salt and dry air.
- Black Cyper - It is one of the most deadliest plants that can kill Humans and Atrians. Although it will only kill an Atrian if it was blown directly onto their faces.
- Heat Radiation - Atrains need a certain amount of humidity in the air, and can become very weak when in contact with a powerful heat radiation, and this can cause them to dry out and appear frail and old. They return to their normal state when submerged in water.
Technology and DevicesEdit
Atrians are not allowed to own technology but The Trags have snuck in secret communicators made out of older phones (like our iPhones) along with a few wires connected to other parts of the phone. It is not as complex and technologically advanced as the Human's technology but works well in communicating among each other while in The Sector.
Castor holds about 50 to 100 bombs in his secret pod/crate behind a wall. They act like normal bombs but are about the size of soup cans with multiple wires sticking out. So far their purpose still remains unknown but they have been used to blow up a garden of black cyper that was grown in a green house. Castor owns illegal weapons that he used to convict Soroya of owning and was sent to the Crate.
Atrians also seem to have technology of their own that they have bought with them from Atria, such as the Mirsan, a recording device that when touched allows the viewer to experience everything the user experienced at the time of recording. It is unknown whether the SEU considers this to be illegal technology, however as it was considered by the Hwatab, the Atrian council, to be binding evidence for or against an Atrian, it appears that Mirsans are considered legal.
Tools and WeaponsEdit
Atrians in the Sector generally do not have many weapons at all, let alone weapons against the humans. However the Trags sometimes got their hands on certain wappens, as well as Castor did. He had a whole arsenal of bombs in his pod.
One weapon they do have is the Suvek, which actually means flash or blast. This was originally misinterpreted by Drake and Roman to mean 'bomb'. It was revealed in the season 1 finale that the Suvek is actually a signalling device that sends out a beacon of light to alert an army of Atrians to the Trags' location, on Earth. Though the Suvek was not actually a bomb, it's main purpose was to bring the Atrian army to Earth to start a war against the humans and thus is considered a weapon.
The Suvek was built for the Trags by Soroya; it was built to withstand attack, such as one of Castor's bombs. It is operated by the Ikson's key. Theoretically, once the Ikson's key is removed from the Suvek the device should stop working, however the Trags had a second trigger built in so that even after the Ikson's key was removed they could set it off.
Flora and PlantlifeEdit
Atrians have became best known for their unusual and interesting plantlife. Because of this it can be assumed that their home planet was filled with plantlife. The most common plants are Cyper and it's counter-part Black Cyper. Teri and her mother Vega have the largest greenhouse in the Sector.
Science and BeliefsEdit
Atrians are revealed to not believe in the act of praying or God and probably rely on science more.
Eljida appears to be in a hidden location in the swamps of Louisiana. It is described as being so far into the swamp and so far underwater that not even an Atrian or a human can make it that far. It is also show to be an safe haven for the Atrians.
Tribes and GroupsEdit
The Atrians have 4 tribes. Each tribe has an elder along with an Ikson (tribe leader). The 4 tribes are Vwasak, Iwabas, Swamad and Zwahan. The Trags are also a faction of Atrians that want to swap the roles of Atrians and humans.
Relationships with HumansEdit
Most Atrians do not like humans due to the fact that they imprisioned them in horrid conditions, killed many of their people on Arrival Day, and many Atrians have been taken away from their families; accused of false "illegal" actions, and taken to the crates (a holding facility where they have been keeping Atrians that were taken out of the Sector). Although there is hatred among humans and Atrians, a few relationships between Atrian and humans have formed:
- Emery and Roman, Sophia and Lukas, Taylor and Drake, Sophia and Taylor, Julia and Roman, Roman and Lukas, Maia and Emery, Sophia and Emery and Roman and Gloria
|Roman and Sophia's father, who is interested in Intergeneration.|
|Maia||Roman and Sophia's mother and Nox's wife.||Alive||40+|
|Maia's younger brother.||Deceased||40's|
|The leader of the trags and the mother of Teri.||Alive||40's|
|A member of the Trags who is undercover, but was later killed by Vega.||Deceased||30's|
|Roman's best friend and a former member of the Trags.||Alive||16-18|
|The Main protagonist and the love interest of Emery.||Alive||16-17|
|A member of the trags and a former love interest of Roman's||Alive||16-17|
|Roman's younger sister.||Alive||
Those that have passed on from the land of the living are denoted with a †.
- It is currently unknown how and why their planet was dying.
- it is currently unknown if Atrians have last names.
- Deceased Atrian bodies grow both cyper and black cyper
- Atrians (mostly Trags) have or can control black cyper
- They are the only species that can escape the effects of Black Cyper (as long as it is not blown directly into their face).
- Atrians do not pledge the American flag and this is because of what Drake had said about Atrians not yet being American citizens.
- In the season finale it is shown that a whole lot more atrians are headed for Earth. The size of their species is shown to be huge, with several dozens of spaceships heading for our galaxy.
|Take a look|
Atrian has their own photo gallery.
For more additional gallery information please visit Layout Guide for gallery information and how to input it.